Additional information about: Inclusion Insights (DVD)
Stereotypes, Lazy Brains & Unintentional Intolerance
This new DVD Training Program shows how the Creativity & Innovation Approach to Diversity & Inclusion works by seeking different perspectives, new ideas, knowledge and experiences.
INCLUSION INSIGHTS is designed for flexible use. Each insight has a brief discussion guide to help you use them independently in short sessions or integrate selected insights into your curriculum. A second training design groups the insights into three 1-hour training sessions: Stereotypes, Lazy Brains, and Unintentional Intolerance.
Together these three sections form a comprehensive approach to understanding how NICE (Not Inclined to Critically Examine) people fall into stereotyping and what they can do about it.
Dr. Robbins uniquely challenges and motivates people with a dynamic use of storytelling, humor and extensive knowledge of pertinent issues and concepts. The inclusiveness and power of his message are why organizations like Boeing, Pepsico, McDonald's, Disney, NASA, Toyota and numerous others call on Dr. Robbins to inspire, educate and prepare their people for the challenges of the 21st century workplace.
Dr. Robbins' unique concept of "Unintentional Intolerance" has captured wide acclaim from numerous audiences and organizations across the country. An approach that does NOT blame or point fingers, it challenges individuals and organizations to be more open-minded, mindful and intentional about inclusion and value people for their unique gifts, abilities and experiences.
INCLUSION INSIGHTS Learning Objectives:
• Examine how nice, well-meaning people engage in "unintentional intolerance."
• Recognize how closed-mindedness and exclusion take place, and how to become more open-minded to new people and novel ideas.
• Discover how everyday experiences shape our perspectives and influence our interpretations of the people and world around us.
Table of Contents:
INCLUSION INSIGHTS with Steve Robbins
Section 1: Stereotypes 27 min.
Insight 1: Don't judge a book by its accent ..... 5:50 min.
Insight 2: N.I.C.E. people ..... 7:30 min.
Insight 3: The Power of Culture ..... 9:40 min.
Insight 4: Lessons from Star Trek ..... 4:00 min
Section 2: Lazy Brains 20:45 min.
Insight 5: Lazy Brains ..... 5:15 min.
Insight 6: The Role of Visual Cues ..... 2:30 min.
Insight 7: Cognitive Dissonance ...... 9:40 min.
Insight 8: Flat Out Wrong ..... 3:20 min.
Section 3: Unintentional Intolerance 23 min.
Insight 9: Unintentional Intolerance: How NICE People Make Mistakes .....9:45 min.
Insight 10: Unintentional Intolerance in Action ..... 9:00 min.
Insight 11: Reframing Your World ..... 4:15 min
The INCLUSION INSIGHTS training package includes the 3-Section DVD with English subtitles and the CD-ROM with full training materials including:
- 61-page Leader's Guide
- Discussion Quick Guide
- Handouts and Quizzes for each Section
- Personal Reflection Handout Transcripts
- PowerPoint presentation
OTHER DELIVERY OPTIONS:
- Video Streaming - We offer licenses that make it easy for you to stream this program. Just call and we can show you how easy it is to stream Ouch on your LMS or ours. You can purchase streaming for 100 and 250 trainees right here on the site. We'll send you instructions for how to access the streaming video on our LMS.