Additional information about: Sexual Harassment: Training for a Harassment-Free Workplace — Manager Version (DVD)
Release - 2015
Business Training Media is is very proud to announce the Manager Version of a new release in our harassment training series, Sexual Harassment: Training for a Harassment-Free Workplace.
What makes this new program unique is a sequence of original stories that convey important training points as seen through the eyes of the participants. Instead of explanations from on-screen narrators, first-hand reporting keeps the action moving and makes it personal. Managers will have the chance to review their responsibilities in preventing unwelcome and harassing behavior from occurring in their workgroups, as well as guidance towards appropriate responses to take if such behavior does occur. The program also provides information on conducting investigations if this task falls within their job description, or how to participate in an investigation handled by a legal department, human resources, or outside experts, depending on organizational policies.
Filmed on location, realistic characters interact in seven dramatic stories:
- Inappropriate talk in the bullpen makes it difficult for an office worker to concentrate on his job.
- Images meant to be private are posted on social media to get revenge after a break-up.
- Lunch hour at a medical center is disrupted by rude comments from an outside vendor.
- A new employee is pressured to go out with a supervisor as part of her “training” in a manufacturing plant.
- City government employees grapple with religious bias and resentment over coworkers who “don’t come from here.”
- Sales reps at a convention center mistreat and exclude a colleague because he “doesn’t fit in.”
- A restaurant kitchen is the setting for borderline behavior that makes one coworker uncomfortable even though her peers are clearly enjoying themselves.
The consequences and potential harm caused by hostile environment and quid pro quo harassment are clearly explained. And viewers also learn about protected characteristics, third-party harassment, retaliation, and other forms of abusive behavior.
And while sexual and other forms of illegal harassment are covered, our focus is on respect and consideration for others. The scenarios are meant to prevent unwelcome behavior BEFORE it escalates out of control.
Our goals with this new program are to improve behavior overall, encourage communication, and help create workplaces that are respectful, productive—and harassment-free!
Duration: 19 Minutes
Study Guides & Manual Sold Separately:
- Study Guide: This 58-page booklet reinforces the definitions and topics covered in the video. Get examples of workplace harassment, and learn about manager responsibilities to prevent and respond to inappropriate behavior in their workgroups. Includes pre- and post-test.
- Trainer's Manual: This 88-page manual includes a sample harassment prevention policy, sign-up sheet, and certificate of completion, each of which may be photocopied and distributed to your learners. It also contains extra content for Trainers, detailed answers to quiz questions, and is designed to be used along with the training video to help facilitators present a professional harassment training session.