Additional information about: Harassment & Diversity: Respecting Differences — Manager Version DVD
While sexual harassment gets the bulk of the attention, there are other forms of workplace harassment that can be just as detrimental. Diversity in business should be celebrated, but unfortunately our differences carry the potential for harassment. Cultural backgrounds, age, religious beliefs, nationalities, and physical abilities are all targets for workplace discrimination, but they are also categories that are protected under law. Harassment can occur in any workplace where the diversity of employees might cause tension and difficult interactions. This dramatic story shows an all-too-common situation, where friction between employees grows from "just kidding around" into illegal harassment. It explains that your company should have a zero tolerance harassment policy that protects every employee, all the time.
All employees have the right to work in an environment free of hostility, where courtesy and mutual respect are the dominant attitudes. Our narrator, Bruce Sarchet, an employment law attorney with Littler Mendelson PC, the National Employment and Labor Law Firm®, details the steps necessary to resolve harassment problems and protect both the company and the employees.
Managers will learn:
- An appreciation for diversity in the workplace.
- Awareness of conditions that may lead to harassment, and what to keep an eye out for.
- Policies and practices that help keep the workplace harassment-free.
- How to respond to a claim of harassment.
- Harassment investigation procedures and proper discipline.
- Why workplace harassment must be taken seriously.
All managers and supervisors need to understand their roles in preventing harassment in today's diverse workplaces. They must know the definition of illegal harassment, and why it cannot be tolerated. Use this comprehensive program to clarify how to recognize and prevent harassment, and what to do if harassment occurs.
Length: 20 Minutes
Study Guides: Sold Separately (Packs of 10)
Online Video Streaming Option:
- 1 Year Access via Internet or Intranet
- $8.25 per user
- Minimum order: $165.00
- Streaming Set-Up Fee: 85.00
Setting-Up Stream Video is Easy
We offer you easy and convenient ways to quickly get started streaming videos to learners in your organization
We offer two viewing options, you may view courses over our partner's Learning Management System (LMS) or you may use your organization's own LSM or intranet. Both options are provided at the same affordable pricing.
- Use our Partners Video-on-Demand LSM Platform - This options gives you the ability to view videos over our LMS without any technical involvement. We provide you with a Windows Media File and administrator password. Your employees long-on to view the video over the internet on their desktops or laptops. Your company's account administrator has access to notification and may have tracking tools to ensure your training program meets its goals. Most videos are followed by a short post-training quiz, to assess learner knowledge and retention.
- Use Your Company's LMS IntranetPlatform - You can license our video content for use on your intranet or Learning Management System (LMS). With video streaming, you'll provide your employees with convenient access from their desktops, and on their schedules
Contact our support team for additional information and a quote today.