Additional information about: It's Still Not Just About Sex Anymore: Harassment and Discrimination in the Workplace (DVD)
Released - 2016
There is far more to workplace harassment and discrimination than just sex. To demonstrate, this program dramatizes employee behaviors that lead to formal charges and result in serious consequences for the individuals involved. It is an eye-opening experience for everyone in the organization to discover what is/is not acceptable in today’s workplace and what their responsibilities are concerning harassment.
It seems as if the EEO and the courts expand the definition of harassment and discrimination every day. In this changing environment it's difficult to know--or understand--what's allowed and what's not allowed at work. This training program breaks ground by dramatically illustrating:
- The ever expanding range of behaviors that create a hostile work environment
- The differences between free speech at work and protected speech in public
- The consequences for individuals who exhibit unacceptable behavior
- The legal threats that companies or organizations can encounter
After completing the Workshop, participants will know:
- Why harassment and discrimination hurt everyone
- The wide range of behaviors that can constitute harassment and discrimination and the areas where people and organizations cannot discriminate
- That free speech rights don’t apply at work
- When harassment can become discrimination or “tangible employment action” and the implications
- That everyone has the right to work in an environment free from harassment and discrimination
Harassment or discriminating behaviors covered include:
- Age discrimination in a technological era
- Intolerance towards people who exhibit mental illness
- Subtle harassment of foreign-born individuals or those practicing non-mainstream religions
- Attempts to convert others to a particular religion
- Making fun of an overweight coworker
- Harassment of pregnant women
Using dramatic examples in white and blue collar, hospitality, health care and retail settings, this program will protect your organization by communicating everyone's legal responsibilities.
Program Length: 17 minutes
Training Materials Included: Facilitator’s Guide, Facilitator Resources, Discussion Guide & Self-Study Guide
This DVD is also available for online video streaming. We offer easy and convenient ways to quickly get started streaming videos to learners in your organization.
Please contact our customer support team for details and pricing.