The 40 Hour California RCFE Orientation Training Kit has been developed to help you comply with the new requirements that will go into effect January 1, 2016. These new regulations will require that direct care staff receive
- 20 Hours of Training Prior to Working Independently
Direct care staff must receive 20 hours of training prior to working independently, including 6 hours of dementia care training and 4 hours of training specific to postural supports, restricted health conditions, and hospice care.
- 20 Hours of Training Within the First Four Weeks of Employment
Direct care staff must receive an additional 20 hours of training within the first four weeks of employment, including 6 hours of training on dementia care.
- Mandatory Hands-On Training
At least 16 hours of the orientation training must include hands-on training.
Care and Compliance Group Staff Training Kits offer the best value by combining multiple DVD training modules organized by topic. In addition to staff training DVDs, each comprehensive kit includes the following resources to make completing and documenting staff training a breeze.
Training resources included in the NEW 40-Hour California RCFE Orientation Training Kit:
- 30 DVDs
- Instructor Guides
- Learner Workbooks
- Training documentation tools
- Hands-on shadowing checklists
- Quizzes that test the employee’s comprehension of the training manual
- Certificates of completion to duplicate and present to staff
- Resource CD with the entire kit in Microsoft Word and PDF format for easy reprinting and customization