On September 9, 2003, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) published its final rule clarifying hospital obligations to patients covered under the Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Law.
According to EMTALA's requirements patients have the right to receive care if they either enter the emergency department or request examination or treatment. With this program your staff will better understand the ruling and what to do if presented with a case. Topics include:
- Existing EMTALA guidelines and latest CMS changes
- Definition of a dedicated emergency department
- Effects on other hospital departments
- Mandatory medical screenings to see if emergency care is needed
- Guidelines when asking about financial status or health insurance
- Situations in which your facility can transfer an emergency patient
- Changes for on-call personnel
- Responsibilities of hospital-owned ambulances
added features and benefits of dvd training include:
- a customizable powerpoint® presentation – makes training site–specific; excellent for training different personnel and departments
- training points – outlines key learning points of your training; reinforces important safety points to your employees.
- chapterized content – video–enriched training organized by learning objectives that facilitates classroom discussion; ideal for refresher training, specific training points and navigating through the course.
- expanded leader's guide – excellent resource to help plan and implement your presentation. a quiz is provided that can serve as a pre and/or post evaluative tool.
- portable convenience – perfect for those who train and travel!
- Format: DVD
- Language: English, Spanish
- Length: 15 minutes
Video Streaming Option
This DVD is also available for online video streaming. We offer you easy and convenient ways to quickly get started streaming videos to learners in your organization
Please contact our customer Support team for details and quote.