Additional information about Vehicle Inspections: Tractor Trailers - DVD Training
Helps motor carriers and drivers remain in compliance with the FMCSA regulations.
Avoid costly (and potentially deadly) breakdowns and accidents (due to equipment failure) when on the road by understanding the requirements of the three types of vehicle inspections that must be performed on a CMV:
Pre-Trip (FMCSR Sec. 392.7 and 396.13) - Performed before taking a vehicle on the road to identify problems that could cause a breakdown or crash.
On-the-Road (FMCSR Sec. 392.9) - Performed while driving (check of dashboard gauges) and whenever stopped (check of tires, wheels, rims, brakes, lights, electrical and air connections to trailer, trailer coupling devices, and cargo securement).
Post-Trip (FMCSR Sec. 396.11) - Performed at day's end and includes filling out a driver vehicle inspection report (DVIR) and listing any problems discovered.
After using this program, drivers will know:
How to perform each of the three types of inspections
When each inspection needs to be performed
The importance of performing these inspections every time to prevent the possibility of costly (and potentially deadly) breakdowns and accidents (due to equipment failure) when they are on the road.
(1) 42-minute Video - An excellent way to show your drivers the inspection process from start to finish.
(1) Trainer Tools CD (not sold separately) - Includes PowerPointŪ presentation that can be used as is or customized, along with learning activities, quiz (w/ answer key), images, training certificate and a training log.
(1) Trainer Guide (not sold separately) - Valuable resource for the trainer that overviews the key points and guidelines covered in the video. Also provides background info on the topic covered in the video as well as training objectives and methods to help trainers create effective and memorable training sessions.
(10) Driver Handbooks - Product Code: 48836 (872-H) - Handy post-training takeaway that summarizes the key points covered in the video that drivers can store in their truck and reference when needed.
(1) Awareness Poster - Product Code: 39677 (015-DRP-M Y) - Hang this eye-catching poster in a terminal or break room to remind drivers about the importance of vehicle inspections.