Ongoing performance development is a new way of thinking about assessing performance that involves establishing a structured process that leads to the growth of employees. The program introduces a four-step approach that focuses on setting clear expectations for individual performance based on organizational goals as well as meeting regularly with employees to provide feedback and customized training. Managers learn how to best share performance observations, brainstorm development strategies, and gain commitment on actionable ways to improve among other techniques to help employees achieve their peak performance potential.
- Differentiate between ongoing performance development and annual performance appraisals.
- Recognize the benefits of using a systematic approach to performance management.
- Create a performance management plan.
- Establish objective measurements of performance.
- Hold productive performance conversations and avoid conversation minefields.
- Evaluate your own performance as a developer of your employees.
- Adopt a Positive Mindset
- Identify Elements and Assess Performance
- Meet Regularly
- Evaluate Progression
Included in the download:
- A complete courseware package for a 4-hour classroom training event.
- Includes Instructor Guide, Participant Guide, PowerPoint Presentation, Course Overview, Learning Summary, Learning Materials, Action Plan, and Course Evaluation.
- Also included for online learning support, Supplemental Self-Study PowerPoint Course