At last there is a practical guide that makes sense out of federal and state regulations having to do with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
The Complete Guide to ADA Compliance delivers plain-English explanations of the federal ADA, its regulations, the numerous policy guidance documents issued by the EEOC and Department of Labor, along with 50 state regulation coverage.
The Complete Guide to ADA Compliance will make it easy for you to:
- Determine when an employee is covered by the ADA, obtain reliable medical certification of disabilities, discuss reasonable accommodations, and choose a reasonable accommodation without running afoul of the law.
- Coordinate leave issues when the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), state workers' compensation laws, and/or the ADA apply. The Guide's easy-to-use leave interplay chart makes comparisons easy.
- Conduct interviews, hire, and terminate employees without fear. Know the disability laws and rules, learn how to document management decisions and avoid discrimination claims.
- Interpret and clarify key ADA issues. Learn how to handle medical examinations, physicals, psychiatric conditions, alcoholism and drug testing, and abuse in the workplace. Plus help on the government's new guidance on intellectual disabilities and hidden disabilities.
One easy-to-use volume contains:
- Well-organized and easy-to-understand ADA compliance guidance.
- Comprehensive breakdown of all 50 state disability laws.
- Model forms, checklists, and policies for your EEO and disability accommodation efforts.
- Full-text regulations, EEOC and DOL Guidance Documents, FAQs, fact sheets, and a handy resource guide of agencies and associations waiting to help you with disability issues.