Air Monitoring Series DVDs is a two-part training video series which studies basic monitoring instruments and sampling procedures used in emergency response.
This package is designed to provide training to emergency responders who carry out atmospheric sampling activities when a hazardous materials incident occurs.
This program was created with the assistance of major instrument manufacturers and is the most comprehensive program available on the subject of air monitoring.
Contamination Assessment topics include:
- Hazards and risks of contaminated atmospheres
- Basic instruments used by emergency responders
- The difference between direct reading instruments and air sampling
- Factors which can affect instrument readings
- Monitoring priorities for the incident commander
- Respiratory protection and protective clothing
- Back-up teams
- Fenceline monitoring
- Instrument failure
- Decontamination of personnel and instruments
Direct Reading Instruments takes a closer look at the primary air monitoring devices, explaining the purpose of each and showing how they work, how to interpret readings and how to avoid common problems. The instruments covered include:
- Combustible gas indicators
- Radiation monitors
- Survey instruments
- Detector tubes
- Oxygen meters
- Toxic gas detectors
- Combination meters
Demonstrations of these instruments in use are given, with graphics to clearly depict the principals behind their operation. The viewer is taught the safe and correct operation of each instrument, and the concept of intrinsically safe equipment - equipment recognized as safe by testing laboratories for use in flammable atmospheres.
Length: 46 minutes