Free ground shipping on U.S. orders over $395.00
Employment law compliance in California is tough. Many laws and regulations are more employee-friendly than their federal counterparts and some apply even if you have only one employee in California.
If you ARE the HR department at your workplace, it's almost impossible to keep track of it all... unless you have CER's Managing an HR Department of One in California.
This all-new guide follows our award-winning national version, named to SHRM's Great 8 list of HR management tools. Now we've reworked that best-selling volume to address the unique challenges of operating in the Golden State.
Whether youíre new to HR or an HR manager in a solo department, you'll benefit from fast-answers, plain English advice, and attention to both federal and California laws and regulations. It will help you perform your HR function in California with the best of them.
More than a dry catalog of laws and regs, Managing an HR Department of One in California arms you to be a complete HR provider, with practical guidance and honest insights on how to:
* Align HRís goals with the organizational objectives
* Find out what your CEO really wants, and keep your efforts focused
* Build credibility and influence
* Engage other managers and get their support, plus ethics for the HR professional
* Audit your practices to uncover potential compliance problems
* Create a cohesive and engaged workforce
* Devise and implement a strategic HR plan
* Communicate effectively with handbooks
* Budget and allocate resources
* Keep (and toss) employee paperwork and e-records the right way
* BONUS: Train for organizational excellence with nine steps to effective training, training preparation, topics for training, documentation, evaluating effectiveness