CO: Response to Carbon Monoxide DVD provides training to EMTs, firefighters, industrial fire teams, poison control center personnel, plant safety personnel and others who may be called upon to safely respond to an incident involving carbon monoxide, the most common type of poisoning responded to by EMS.
Topics covered include:
- Hazard properties of carbon monoxide
- Where carbon monoxide is likely to be found
- Exposure limits, and symptoms at various levels of exposure
- Factors that impact symptoms.
- How CO detectors operate and how they may become contaminated and disabled
- Safety procedures to follow to prevent CO poisoning from occurring both in the home and workplace.
- Treating victims
- Monitoring for CO
- Ventilating the building
- How emergency medical personnel reduce the concentration of CO in the blood of victims
- How emergency responders locate the source of the carbon monoxide
Length: 24 minutes