This program describes the roles and responsibilities of the companion homemaker and teaches important professional, communication and social skills for success on the job.
• The importance of people skills
• Positive communication techniques
• Ethics, integrity and professional behavior
• Ageism: what it is and how to avoid it
• Appearance and hygiene
• Cultural sensitivity
• Phone etiquette
• Escorting and transporting your client
• Observation skills
• Handling medical emergencies
• Fire safety and disaster preparedness
Program comes with support materials, which include outline, learning objectives, key points and definitions, test and answer key.
Length: 30 minutes