Ethics in the Workplace deals with the application of moral principles, standards of behavior, or set of values regarding proper conduct in the workplace as individuals and in a group setting. While ethics allow you to distinguish the difference between right and wrong, being ethical does not mean following your feelings. Your feelings can misdirect you. This training program explores how workplace ethics should be developed, how to create the standards and policies that support them, how employees can be trained and managed to follow and support these standards, and how to deal with problems where ethics are concerned.
- Dispel common myths about business ethics
- Describe the ideal ethical workplace
- Implement ethics guidelines and policies in your organization
- Identify and resolve typical ethical dilemmas
- Recognize common excuses for unethical behavior, and what to do about them
- Deal with unethical coworkers, customers, and vendors
- What is Business Ethics?
- How to Create an Ethical Workplace
- Tools to Support an Ethical Workplace
- Applying Ethics in the Real World
- 4 hours / Half Day
- Includes Instructor Guide, Participant Guide, PowerPoint presentation, Course Overview, Learning Summary, and Course Evaluation
- Also Included: Group Activities, Decision Confidence Assessment, Myths About Business Ethics, and Ethical Dilemma Practice Exercises
- Approx. 50 minutes
- Includes PowerPoint presentation
- Also Included: Quizzes and Case Study
Format: Digital Download
This value-priced bundle contains both classroom and e-learning versions of this title, providing a complete toolbox for skill development. It's part of the Reproducible Training Library, a full suite of high-quality, research-based soft-skills courseware that you can download, customize, and reproduce.