Ever get sick from something you ate? An estimated 1 in 6 people contract a foodborne illness each year, so what can you do to stay safe? Discover the steps to keeping food safe from foodborne illness by joining a chef in the kitchen along with a microbiologist to learn what you need to know for clean and safe food storage and preparation. Food Safety: Itís in Your Hands features short video segments that breakdown food safety essentials, including:
- Common foodborne illnesses (5:50)
- Proper hand washing technique (5:44)
- Preventing cross-contamination (1:36)
- The time and temperature danger zone (3:45)
- Keeping the kitchen clean (4:10)
Run time: 21 min.
Grade 6 - Adult