Created for front line employees, staff and managers, Getting Real about Workplace Violence was thoughtfully designed and produced to increase awareness and empower viewers. It informs, but doesn’t overwhelm.
Viewers are taught the get out | get safe | get tough™ philosophy:
- If you can, get out
- If you can’t, get safe
- If you have to, get tough
Through 3 video segments, the course includes survival strategies, prevention steps, and manager-specific training that highlights their critical role in identifying concerning behaviors and diffusing potential situations from escalating.
- Getting Real About Workplace Violence: Awareness and Prevention (10 minutes)
- Getting Real About Workplace Violence: Extreme Violence Response (8 minutes)
- Getting Real About Workplace Violence for Managers (7 minutes)
Learning objectives include:
- Understand that workplace violence goes beyond active shooters
- Sharpen your awareness to potential threats
- Identify early warning signs
- Know how to respond to concerning behaviors
- Recognize and understand the potential connection between domestic and workplace violence
- Learn the basic response options employees have if caught inside an act of extreme violence.
The risk of workplace violence doesn’t need to be left to chance alone. Use this course to help people prevent and survive a potentially life-or-death situation.
Hosted by security industry veteran Jim Sporleder, this instruction aligns with the American National Standard
, which is the standard advised by the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM)
for best practices addressing workplace violence prevention and response.
Interested in eLearning?
Program length: 18 minutes, plus 7-minute Manager module
Please call for details on the Getting Real About Workplace Violence
fully-interactive eLearning Course (SCORM).