This award-winning training series demonstrates why bad behavior is not OK—whether it applies to sex, religion, or anything beyond…and whether it actually crosses the line into illegal harassment or not.
The Employee version of this broadcast-quality film explains the law. But it also captures the imagination and personalizes the value of inclusiveness by showing the potential harm that can be caused by unwelcome conduct.
Examples of bad behavior shown in both versions:
- Social media allows an embarrassing photo to make the rounds in a hospital.
- Two guys on a city crew mistreat a “less macho” coworker.
- Friction in a restaurant kitchen leads to insults for a busser from another country.
- A religious coworker is excluded on a construction site.
- A client puts pressure on a company rep for a “quid pro quo” exchange.
- Two colleagues are offended by the inappropriate dress and flirtatious behavior of their coworkers.
- Retaliation takes a subtle form but is no less against company policy—and against the law.
The Manager version explains to supervisors the potential harm that can be caused by unwelcome conduct, and their responsibility for preventing it. They receive specific instruction on steps they should take in meeting these responsibilities.
Managers will learn how to:
- be aware of what affects their workgroup, including improper use of social media
- periodically conduct workplace audits, looking for inappropriate items
- respond to complaints of inappropriate behavior
- conduct investigations or assist HR/legal, depending on organizational structure
- inform employees that retaliation will not be tolerated.
This video portrays supervisors who step in early, before problems escalate. And it emphasizes the theme that a respectful workplace is more pleasant and more productive—which, in the end, makes their job easier.
Format: 2 DVDs
Length: 43 minutes
Study Guides: Sold Separately (Packs of 10)
Employee Study Guide:
This 37-page booklet reinforces the definitions and topics covered in the video. Get examples of workplace harassment, and learn about effective anti-harassment policies. Includes pre and post-quiz..
Employee Trainer's Manual:
This 40-page manual is designed to help facilitators present a professional harassment training session.
Manager's Study Guide:
This 58-page booklet reinforces the definitions and topics covered in the video. Get examples of workplace harassment, learn about effective anti-harassment policies, and find out how to respond to and investigate a complaint. Includes pre and post-quiz.
Manager's Trainer's Manual:
This 62-page manual is designed to help facilitators present a professional harassment training session for manag