Hazmat/WMD Self-Protection for Firefighters DVD training video studies the use of personal protective clothing and personal protective equipment, including respiratory protection and chemical protective clothing. It is designed for firefighters and hazmat team members.
Topics covered include:
- Why protective equipment is necessary
- Features and limitations of different types of respiratory protection
- Respiratory protection used for WMD incidents
- EPA levels of protective ensembles
- Standards for chemical protective clothing
- Donning and doffing PPE
- Inspecting and storing PPE
- Medical considerations when using PPE
- Avoiding heat stress
Includes Instructor's CD-ROM with PowerPoint and other resources to help structure a training seminar.
Length: 28 minutes