Packed with step-by-step facilitator guidance, a three-hour program outline, several skill practice activities, action planning worksheets, a real-world case study, reproducible article, and lots of ideas for customizing the learning experience, Leading Change at Every Level is your comprehensive toolkit for building confident change leaders from top to bottom.
The Leading Change at Every Level assessment is available in both online and printed formats. The inventory takes approximately 20 minutes to complete and we recommend you allow up to an hour for the interpretation of results, debrief, and action planning.
Using a current change initiative as a frame of reference, individuals respond to a series of 30 statements, choosing from a five-point scale of "Almost Always True" to "Almost Always Untrue." Results reveal a personal profile and an overall effectiveness score. Effectiveness in each of the five dimensions of leading change is also identified.
In addition to the inventory, the Leading Change at Every Level Facilitator Set includes tools to lead a powerful 3-hour training session, from comprehensive background information and step-by-step instructions to skill-practice activities, action-planning worksheets, a real-world case study, reproducible article, alternative training options, and a professional Microsoft PowerPoint presentation. Trainer certification is not required to administer or facilitate Leading Change at Every Level.
Uses and Applications
Leading Change at Every Level can be used as a stand-alone learning instrument or part of a more comprehensive curriculum. It's appropriate for any individual in the midst of leading organizational change efforts, including team leaders, project managers, frontline supervisors, and middle managers. It's ideal as a:
- Skill predictor and development tool in advance of a new change effort
- Method of evaluating change leadership effectiveness during a recent change
- Utensil for employees and managers to identify necessary actions
- Centerpiece of a change management training program
- Measure current change leadership abilities
- Understand effective change leadership behaviors
- Develop change leadership skills
- Generate support for change efforts
- Improve the ability to lead change initiatives
Includes facilitator guide and six print self assessments.
Facilitator Guide contents:
- Administrative guidelines
- Background information
- Sample training design
- Blank training outline
- Sample copy of re-formatted self assessment
- CD-ROM containing reproducible content
- Microsoft PowerPoint presentation
- Certificate of achievement template
- Training evaluation template
- Overhead transparency masters: tear-out pages from the back of the facilitator set that you can copy to create your own overhead materials
- Convenient 3-ring binder format
Self Assessment contents:
- Pressure-sensitive response form
- Interpretive information
- Action planning
- Administration: 20 minutes
- Interpretation: 1 hour
- Workshop: 3 hours