Listening with Intent: Mastering the Skills of Active Listening
Who would you consider a great listener? What sets them apart from an average listener? You might say they show a sincere desire to understand what you have to say, they have an open mind, willing to have their assumptions and conclusions about your message corrected. These are all the signs of an active listener. It is someone who seeks to learn something new and because of that, remains fully engaged in the conversation. This program teaches you how to master the skills of active listening, so that you can produce important benefits for your team and your organization like minimizing misunderstandings, encouraging open communication, and increasing cooperation and collaborative problem solving.
- Explore the process of active listening.
- Recognize common situations that block active listening.
- Identify personal filters that create obstacles to active listening.
- Understand cultural differences that form barriers to active listening.
- Discover ways to practice active listening in a conflict.
- Implement steps to regain the listener’s attention when it has drifted away.
Included in the download:
- A complete courseware package for a 4-hour classroom training event.
- Includes Instructor Guide, Participant Guide, PowerPoint Presentation, Course Overview, Learning Summary, Learning Materials, Action Plan, and Course Evaluation.
- Also included for online learning support, Supplemental Self-Study PowerPoint Course