Unlike traditional extrinsic motivation techniques like rewards,Motivating Employees to Be Their Best is about helping employees to find intrinsic motivation by fostering positive feelings and eliminating obstacles. The program focuses on providing the skills and techniques you will need to help groups develop a sense of community, to acquire influence over their work-related actions, and to enjoy the openness of shared information and feelings.
The three elements of this type of climate are Community, Influence and Openness. The training focuses on providing the skills you will need to help groups develop a sense of community, to acquire influence over their work-related actions, and to enjoy the openness of shared information and feelings.
- Identify major factors that affect motivation
- Apply dialog and listening skills that model community, influence, and openness
- Take specific actions to foster trust within a group
- Model the concept of accountability
- Identify inhibitors to fostering group commitment and passion
- Teach a four-step process designed to help groups learn from mistakes
- Encourage group initiative-taking
- Create a group culture of ownership and accountability
- Identify and apply strategies for dealing with outside pressures that negatively affect motivation
- Identify and apply strategies for dealing with systems and policies that negatively affect group esteem
- Match or tailor your leadership style to various employees' motivational preferences
- The Foundation of Motivation
- Fostering Motivation as a Manager
- Encouraging Employees' Intrinsic Motivation
- Overcoming Obstacles to Motivation
Included in the download:
- A complete courseware package for a 4-hour classroom training event.
- Includes Instructor Guide, Participant Guide, PowerPoint Presentation, Course Overview, Learning Summary, Learning Materials, Action Plan, and Course Evaluation.
- Also included for online learning support, Supplemental Self-Study PowerPoint Course