Navigating Difficult Conversations: Deliver Your Message with Poise, Empathy, and Resolve
Most managers and team leaders will not readily welcome the task of having to let an employee go or provide them with a negative performance review. These are just a couple of examples of those difficult conversations which are an unavoidable and recurring instance in the workplace. Despite their compelling presence, they don't have to be feared or dreaded–they can be handled in such away that increases self-confidence and encourages an environment of positivity.
Navigating Difficult Conversations introduces participants to a seven-stage process for taking control in these situations and minimizing negative backlash to effect an environment of reduced stress, increased trust, improved relationships, and higher productivity. With realistic examples and role-playing activities, this program helps participants as they prepare, carry-out, and close difficult conversations in the most productive manner -- leading them to embrace, rather than fear confrontation and produce long-lasting benefits for both the employee and organization.
- Understand the nature of difficult conversations and what it takes to handle them.
- Identify the seven stages of handling difficult conversations.
- Use empathy in a way that minimizes negative responses and strengthens relationships.
- Apply best practices for preparing, initiating, and delivering the conversation.
- Discover how to generate solutions and bring the conversation to a close.
- What Conversations are Difficult?
- What Does it Take to Handle a Difficult Conversation?
- Stages of a Difficult Conversation
- Preparing for a Difficult Conversation
- Getting the Conversation Started
- Carrying Out the Conversation
Included in the download:
- A complete courseware package for a 4-hour classroom training event.
- Includes Instructor Guide, Participant Guide, PowerPoint Presentation, Course Overview, Learning Summary, Learning Materials, Action Plan, and Course Evaluation.
- Also included for online learning support, Supplemental Self-Study PowerPoint Course