This program teaches important information about nutrition for older adults. It presents skills and tools that enable home care professionals and primary caregivers to develop enjoyable, healthy meals that suit each client's particular needs.
- Recommended diet for older adults
- Common serving sizes
- Medically-prescribed diets
- Warning signs and prevention of malnutrition
- Importance of drinking enough water
- Value of high-fiber diet
- Meal planning and food shopping
- Reading labels and unit pricing
- Safe food handling
- Preparation and cooking methods
- Cooking with a recipe
- Setting the table and serving the meal
Program comes with support materials, which include outline, learning objectives, key points and definitions, test and answer key.
Total Course Time: 60 minutes (includes 30 minute DVD, support materials, review and testing)