In his 1970 essay, Robert K. Greenleaf described the servant leader as someone who desires first to serve and then to lead. It is someone whose primary concern is to help others realize their aspirations and achieve their greatest potential. In Servant Leadership, participants discover how to shape an environment of support where everyone feels a sense of value and purpose -- and where, as a result, organizational success is bound to naturally transpire. It is broken into three segments of servant leadership: managing, motivating, and mediating. From a management perspective, participants learn how to establish shared power in decision making to encourage the growth, development, and well-being of individuals and teams. Following management, participants learn how to help others to develop an intrinsic motivation to excel in their job (both individually and as part of a team). And the final module explores compassionate collaboration as a means of resolving conflict that results in maintaining, or even increasing, an atmosphere of trust and respect in the workplace.
- Understand the philosophy of servant leadership
- Identify personal traits that strengthen servant leadership
- Implement actions that nurture the growth and development of others
- Discover ways to recognize and appreciate individuals and teams
- Use compassionate collaboration as a way to resolve conflict
Key Topics Covered:
- Ways to foster a healthy work environment that improves individuals' ability to realize their full potential
- How a need for control, to be right, and for recognition can interfere with conscious commitment
- The underlying principles of a traditional approach to management as compared to servant leadership
- Fostering shared power in decision making in order to nurture the growth and development of others
- Implementing the guidelines that support an effective self-managing team
- How to foster compassionate collaboration -- the servant leadership approach to conflict resolution
Included in the download:
- A complete courseware package for a 4-hour classroom training event.
- Includes Instructor Guide, Participant Guide, PowerPoint Presentation, Course Overview, Learning Summary, Learning Materials, Action Plan, and Course Evaluation.
- Also included for online learning support, Supplemental Self-Study PowerPoint Course