Social Media at Work: Reap the Rewards and Avoid the Risks
From Facebook and Twitter to LinkedIn and YouTube, social media has become a successful medium for broadcasting messages, developing brand recognition, prospecting for clients, and recruiting employees. There's no doubt it's here to stay -- and that means it's time your company takes it seriously. Many enterprises already have, leveraging social media to drive more business, exposure, and good will with customers. In fact, a whopping 53% of organizations have a formal social media policy in place.
Unfortunately, without awareness of potential risks, proper training, and clear-cut guidelines, social media can get your organization into serious hot water -- both in terms of negative publicity and real legal troubles. For those reasons, some 42% of employers forbid their employees to use social media of any kind. that's why proper social media training can make all the difference for your organization, and we've got an excellent way to get started. Our program, Social Media at Work: Reap the Rewards and Avoid the Risks uses real-world examples, quizzes, and case studies to showcase the powerful ways social media can impact your business for both good and bad. This on-trend social media training program explores the do's and don'ts of using popular platforms like Facebook and Twitter in the workplace.
In Social Media at Work: Reap the Rewards and Avoid the Risks, you'll learn how a good social media plan can increase the visibility of your company by communicating its core vision, sharing its internal culture, and creating a positive dialogue between employees and customers. When executed properly, a good social media strategy can also develop a community around your business, building loyalty and giving your customers another reason to visit your business, whether that's online or in the real world.
On the flipside, a poor social media strategy could lead to serious negative and even legal consequences, like defamation, trademark infringement, privacy violations, and discrimination. You could also expect a wave of bad publicity to overcome your organization, and the resulting fallout on social media could be lengthy and widespread. That's why good social media training can make all the difference for your business. Packed with ripped-from-the-headlines examples, activities, exercises to test knowledge, a sample social media policy, and an action planning worksheet, Social Media at Work: Reap the Rewards and Avoid the Risks is the comprehensive solution your organization needs to help instill good judgment in employees, build a social media presence, safeguard against from potential pitfalls, and implement a sound policy.
- Recognize the benefits of using social media in the workplace
- Identify the various legal and ethical risks associated with social media
- Discover methods to protect your organization from violations of law or policy
- Learn how to encourage an "ambassador attitude" in employees
- Provide guidelines to help employees make good decisions when using social media at work
- Identify the elements of an effective social media policy
- Social Media in the News
- Risky Business
- Producing Positive PR
- Design Your Own Social Media Policy
Included in the download:
- A complete courseware package for a 4-hour classroom training event.
- Includes Instructor Guide, Participant Guide, PowerPoint Presentation, Course Overview, Learning Summary, Learning Materials, Action Plan, and Course Evaluation.
- Also included for online learning support, Supplemental Self-Study PowerPoint Course