The Employee’s Guide to Customer Loyalty is a service oriented competency course that drives home the importance of keeping customers while teaching the skills necessary for doing so. Each video segment covers a different aspect of customer service and satisfaction. An accompanying guide contains Discussion/Personal Reflection Questions and Activities that help facilitators (or employees doing self-study) pull key learning points from the videos and relate them to the competency of building customer loyalty. The points include:
- Understand that satisfying customers time after time is the key to building customer loyalty.
- Recognize the value of customers who do business with you.
- Show your appreciation and keep them coming back by doing your best to meet their needs.
- Use interpersonal skills like listening and empathy to convey respect and take appropriate action.
- Handle upset customers in a productive, professional manner by doing everything you can.
- Remember Me (10 min) – Sends this clear message: There’s a limit to what good customers will put up with. They may not complain, but they will leave…for good.
- WAYMISH (Why Are You Making It So Hard….for me to give you my money?) (18 min) – Reminds viewers of the value each customer represents while depicting various things an organization and its service providers unwittingly do to drive loyal customers away.
- Call of the Mummy (19 min) – Presents an overview of the attitude and problem solving skills customer service representatives need if they want to consistently meet customer expectations.
- Mad About Customer Service (15 min) – Outlines the skills required to turn potentially disastrous service situations into opportunities to build loyalty and the trust of customers for years to come.
The Employee’s Guide to Customer Loyalty includes the following bonus video “shorts”:
- The Sound of Service Opener (2 min) – contrasts words and attitudes that frustrate customers with those that make customers feel welcome and appreciated.
- The WAYMISH Factor (2.5 min) – gives powerful statistics that make the business case for doing all that you can to keep customers happy.
- The Sound of Service Closer (2 min) – uses a S.E.R.V.I.C.E. acronym to summarize important points about what it means to give great customer service.
Program length: 68:30