Thompson’s Community Right-To-Know Manual is a complete “how-to” manual for complying with the many reporting and emergency planning requirements mandated by EPCRA. It provides everything necessary to stay abreast of state and federal regulatory activity, particularly in the areas of community right-to-know, toxic chemical reporting requirements and emergency planning and prevention strategies. Thompson’s Community Right-To-Know Manual gives you step-by-step guidance on how to meet your TRI reporting requirements. The comprehensive Manual is the only resource that gives you specific hands-on information and guidance for complying with the Emergency Planning and Community Right-To-Know Act (EPCRA).
With the Community Right-To-Know Manual, you can:
- Efficiently complete the annual Form R and Form A under EPCRA Section 313, as well as provide explanations of EPA’s modifications to the TRI reporting process each year. Revised TRI reporting instructions were released in early April. They included changes to “basis of estimate” codes to help facilities identify how they monitor the quantities reported to TRI.
- Avoid fines when an emergency strikes by providing proper emergency notification under EPCRA Section 304 and CERCLA.
- Keep your routine filings required under EPCRA Section 311 and 312 on track with material safety data sheets (MSDSs) and Tier I and Tier II inventory forms.
- Stay up-to-date with state information, including contact information for officials in all 50 states.
Major Topics Covered
The Community Right-To-Know Manual gives you the most accurate and up-to-date information on how to avoid penalties under EPCRA’s stringent emergency planning and toxic chemical reporting requirements. You’ll get detailed explanations of what is required — and how to comply.
- Federal and State Reporting Requirements
- Emergency Planning and Notification
- Consolidated Chemical Lists
- Material Safety Data Sheets and Chemical Inventories
- Trade Secrets
- Information Disclosure and Risk Communication
- Summaries of EPA Guidance
Summary of Contents
- 100 Emergency Planning
- 200 Emergency Notification
- 300 Routine Reporting: MSDSs and Chemical Inventories
- 400 Routine Reporting: Annual Releases
- 500 Trade Secrets
- 600 Information Disclosure and Risk Communication
- 700 Enforcement and Implementation
- 800 State Programs
- Appendix I Annotated Federal Statutes
- Appendix II Chemical Lists
- Appendix III Federal Regulations and Guidelines
- Glossary and Index
Format and Frequency
- Two-volume manual
- Monthly newsletter
- Quarterly updates
- Additional Online Resources