In the workplace, some people get stuck over analyzing all of their choices -- they want a spreadsheet packed with data before proceeding with any decision. Others swear by their intuition and have no data to back up how they arrived at a particular decision.
How can you make a high-impact decision that is effective, practical, and successful? By having a clear objective, gathering and evaluating information in a structured way, avoiding common decision traps, and by using your intuition to confirm or question your decision. This course will enhance your confidence and skill at making -- and implementing -- tough decisions, allowing you to increase your value to your organization and actively contribute to its success.
- Understand the role that emotions play in decision-making.
- Describe how to make a decision effectively, recognizing key steps to take before, during, and after the decision-making process.
- Identify your values in order to guide your actions, behaviors, and decisions.
- Put into practice various methods for collecting and evaluating information.
- Recognize–and avoid–the most common traps that complicate tough decisions.
- Develop strategies to overcome your concerns about making and implementing tough decisions.
- The Neuroscience of Making Decisions
- You Really Don't Know What to Do
- Decision Traps
- You Know What to Do, But You're Concerned
Included in the download:
- A complete courseware package for a 4-hour classroom training event.
- Includes Instructor Guide, Participant Guide, PowerPoint Presentation, Course Overview, Learning Summary, Learning Materials, Action Plan, and Course Evaluation.
- Also included for online learning support, Supplemental Self-Study PowerPoint Course