Women and Leadership: Working Through Barriers and Biases
"Companies that emphasize employee growth and development are more appealing and less threatening to women." -- Kieran Snyder, Textio
Research studies have shown that companies with sustained high representation of women -- that is, three or more women board directors in at least four of five years -- significantly outperformed those with no women board directors. Statistics like this prove women have the skills to not only take on top leadership positions, but to also have an impressive impact on their organization's success. Still, we rarely see women in higher positions of power because the reality of the glass ceiling is all too real. There exists a multitude of challenges preventing women from reaching higher level positions;including preconceived notions of a woman's working ability as it relates to a societal and organizational context and from an internal context -- or rather,those self-imposed barriers women place on themselves.
Women and Leadership: Working Through Barriers and Biases identifies the specific challenges imposed on women in the workplace and provides an in-depth look at how they can combat these obstacles to maximize their strengths -- helping not only women, but all professionals and organizations as they work to build the leadership skills of their employees.
- Understand the challenges that women face as they pursue leadership positions.
- Assess limitations that women place on themselves.
- Build skills that enhance your development as a leader.
- Develop and manage relationships to maximize your leadership potential.
- Overcome work-life challenges.
- Recognize special issues women leaders face when they interact with others.
- Use your natural strengths to build and maintain a strong team.
- Implement a plan to target the leadership skills you most want to improve.
- Challenges Women Face in Becoming Leaders
- Inward-Focused Leadership Skills
- Outward-Focused Leadership Skills
- Planning Your Growth
Included in the download:
- A complete courseware package for a 4-hour classroom training event.
- Includes Instructor Guide, Participant Guide, PowerPoint Presentation, Course Overview, Learning Summary, Learning Materials, Action Plan, and Course Evaluation.
- Also included for online learning support, Supplemental Self-Study PowerPoint Course