The Coaching Effectiveness Profile provides a detailed process for assessing an individual's capacity to coach others. This is done by measuring coaching ability in seven separate categories.
Overview This 84 item behavioral assessment collects self ratings on coaching competencies like empathizing ability, listening skills, capacity to confront and challenge, problem solving, mentoring, providing feedback, and empowering.
- When to Use the Coaching Effectiveness Profile:
- With team leader, supervision and management candidates.
- As an introductory training activity on coaching to expose participants to the full breadth of important coaching behaviors.
- With leaders and managers who may need development to become more motivational leaders.
- With team leaders and supervisors who are experiencing performance problems.
- With team leaders and supervisors who are working with inexperienced or unmotivated direct reports.
- As the center piece of either a 1-day facilitated training on coaching or with the CEP Workshop in more comprehensive 2 to 3 day coaching training.
- Measures 7 core coaching competencies through 84 items.
- Each behavioral item in the assessment is a positive coaching behavior.
- Worded in simple, understandable and behavioral terms allowing any participant, regardless of education or English language proficiency, to understand and provide accurate ratings.
The Coaching Effectiveness Facilitator's guide includes detailed background information on each coaching competency, notes to lead discussions, and 84 sets of coaching tips designed to provide respondents a fast, effective practices they can use to improve their coaching weaknesses.